Monday, March 24, 2008

Boy oh boy what a weekend! I was very excited on Friday bse for the first time in years I was leaving work at 4.30pm as opposed to the usual 6pm or later. One of my co-workers asked to trade and I gladly accepted. I must have looked at the clock more than 100 times. As soon as I left work I headed straight to Boscov's to get an Easter outfit, talk about last minute, well I still had one more day. I am never shopping last minute again! Despite spending hours in Boscov's I still didnt find what I wanted; either it was too casual, too pricey or the color was off and I had no accessories for it. I finally found a cute dress in the junior section of all places and I tried it on, loved it! I must say it gave me a "baby bump" which calls for sit ups that I've been putting off for years. Anyway it was a strapless dress so I definitely needed a wrap or scarf for it, when I saw the prices of the wraps, I took the dress right back to the rack, 30dollars for a piece of cloth!! Jee weez, that's almost half the price of the dress, even the 70$ dress I bought came down to 17$ bse it was 75% off wasn't that pricey! Finally I leave Boscov's with no dress, just red jewelry and a short black/dress. I headed to Burlington coat factory, the funny thing was I kept seeing similar outfits I had seen at Boscov's only difference being they were marked down in BCF hmmm. I searched and searched and ended up buying a "suit" but the blouse was medium instead of small.... that's how disgusted and tired I was, I didn't care, didn't even try the blouse on.

I got home at about 9pm finally! Had something to eat, got online and at about 11pm my friend calls saying he wants to hang out. I said I would only hang out at spots with a pool table bse just sitting at a bar and drinking really doesn't appeal to me and also on the condition that he picked me up bse I was in no mood of driving. He came and picked me up and we headed to Shaggy's right around the corner, to our surprise they had removed the pool tables about a month ago!! What? Who does that, this is a college hang out spot and someone made the executive decision to remove the pool tables!!!! So we headed to mango's where they have free pool. We walked in there and were out of there in less than 2 minutes! All the 7 pool tables were occupied, it was an all white spot and we were the only black people, the stares we got had made my friend so uncomfortable, I didn't care, you can look all you want, then what are you gonna do??? He said the music was horrible and the place was too white so we ended up at the African place down the street that he hates so much! I don't mind that place bse there are usually a lot of people that I know plus one of the owners is Ugandan and he he went to school with my brother. We shot a couple of games and before we knew it, it was a wrap! What's with places around here closing at 2am?? Anyway by the time I got home I was already asleep, in fact I slept on the couch, typical!

Saturday, another party, thank God it was in the evening so that gave me enough time to recoup and get myself together. The host said it was gonna start around 7/8pm so guess what, I got there at 8.30pm. There were a lot of guys, some of whom I didn't know but that didn't matter bse in like 3 minutes we were already debating about issues and having a good time. I love a debate any day! We took like a million photos within the first half hour, yes I took my camera with me. The food was great, I ate like a horse, I had starved myself all day on purpose bse I'd heard my friend was a great cook but I had never tasted her food. I had to leave mainly bse of two reasons, one, the multiple debates I was having with one of the guys ,James some how ended up becoming personal and it seemed like we were getting louder by the minute. James had preconceived notions about women and believed he was some kind of "Dr Phil" and for some reason he was under the impression I needed his services. For hours I was trying to drill into his brain that he didn't know me and had ego issues but all I could hear was "listen to me" listen to me" he must have said that like 50,000 times. Secondly I had to go to another party. My friend Oscar was hosting a birthday party at his house and I had promised to be there.

I got to Oscar's house sometime after 11pm, there was a lot of food but I didn't have room even for one grain of rice. Oscar being the host meant he was all over the place entertaining his guests and making sure everything is in order and where did that leave me, sitting with a bunch of girls that I didn't know and to make matter's worse they were speaking Swahili which I don't speak, needless to say I was like a smiling mannequin that turned its head from side to side. The music was too loud you would have to yell your lungs out to say anything so it didn't take me long to figure out I had to leave. Got out of there and headed straight home. I sneaked out of there so that Oscar wouldnt try convincing me to stay, he was too drunk to notice anyway, to this day he has never mentioned anything.

The next day, sunday I managed to make it to church on time , the only reason being the service was at noon. They added a third service because it was Easter Sunday. The outfit that I spent hours shopping for was actually big especially the medium blouse, since when did I start wearing medium, go figure! After church I go to Joe and Amos' place, Joe invited me over for lunch. We had a very good lunch; fish, ugali and vegetables, Joe cooked everything, I was supposed to be the guest and besides I had gone to church. After lunch I happened to use Amos' laptop and it was very slow so I took the initiative to delete temporary folders, boy oh boy it was really backed up . Joe didn't like the fact that I did that, actually he was really upset bse it wasn't his computer and he had turned it on for me. I honestly didn't know deleting useless folders would be a problem because I do it all the time to my PC and have never had a problem. Needless to say after a nice lunch I had to leave sort of prematurely which worked out any way bse I had to get ready for the week. I called Amos later and alerted him that I had deleted the temporary folders from his laptop and he thanked me for letting him know.

No comments: